Service you can trust
We can assist you with any of your plumbing needs, no matter how big or small the job. We offer a range of quality, trustworthy services, including…
We can assist you with any of your plumbing needs, no matter how big or small the job. Our range of quality, trustworthy services include:
- Burst pipe repairs and water line replacements/upgrades
- Bathroom, kitchen and laundry renovations
- Service and replacement of tapware
- Dishwasher installations and fridge water connections
- Rangehood installations including flues
- Backflow device installation, servicing and commissioning
- Roof repairs and replacement
- Gutter and downpipe repairs and replacement
- Gutter cleaning and lead barrier installations
- Bathroom accessory installations
- Toilet servicing and replacement
- Water filter installations
- Pool and spa servicing and repairs
- Rain water tank repairs, replacement and installations
- Pump servicing, repairs and replacement
- Drain cleaning, repairs and replacement
- Gas, electric and solar hotwater service repairs, replacement and upgrades
As trained and fully qualified gasfitters, we can install, replace and repair gas appliances, extend and repair gas pipe work, test for and repair gas leaks, and commission new gas appliances…
As trained and fully qualified gasfitters, we can install, replace and repair gas appliances, extend and repair gas pipe work, test for and repair gas leaks, and commission new gas appliances.
- Gas Appliances and Fittings
- Gas Hot Water Heating
- Gas BBQ Installation
- Gas Leak Repairs
- Gas Appliance Servicing
Genuine Connections Plumbing experts work with both LPG and Natural gas which are the most common gas supplied for Canberra homes and businesses.
LPG stands for Liquefied Petroleum Gas. From the process of purifying petroleum, it contains a mixture of propane and butane. LPG gas is very portable, and is found in bottles and cylinders from hardware and gas stores. It is very versatile, but can be expensive and requires regular replacement or refilling of bottles.
Natural gas is formed from the decomposition of plants and animals that create gas and is collected and stored in underground caverns beneath the earth’s surface. It is delivered through an underground pipe network after it has been extracted and refined for use. It is less versatile than LPG gas however there is a constant supply to residents in Canberra.
Installing a new gas appliance also requires that the appliance be commissioned. This involves checking over the power and gas sources, checking the ventilation and any fans the gas appliance has, and making sure everything is attached, clean, tuned and working properly.
Call us today to discuss your installation, replacement or repair work.
Gas Appliances and Fittings
Genuine Connections Plumbing can install and commission, or repair, any make or model gas oven, gas stove, gas hotplate or accessory. This includes gas room heaters.
We can fit your appliance to an already existing gas outlet or extend your gas piping so that you can place your new or existing appliance wherever you prefer.
For all gas work that is undertaken Genuine Connections Plumbing will issue a certificate of compliance.
Gas BBQ installation
Genuine Connections Plumbing can install your new Gas BBQ or repair an existing one if it stops working. We can also convert your gas BBQ from LPG bottles to natural gas, or from natural gas to LPG. We can help you place your new Gas BBQ or existing BBQ in any location you desire by extending the original gas piping.
Gas Leak Repairs
Gas leaks can be very dangerous and should be taken seriously. Consequences of a gas leak include unintentional ignition, explosion or carbon monoxide poisoning.
Gas leaks can occur from broken pipes, burst connections, or faulty appliances. Sometimes you can smell gas, or you may notice your gas bill is more expensive than it should have been. To confirm a gas leak, Genuine Connections Plumbing will use advanced manometers to measure the pressures in your gas network. Any inconsistencies between different areas of the gas network will confirm a leak. The cause and location of the gas leak can be identified by separating sections of the piping, the connection and the appliance itself. Re-using the manometer to check each section will allow the exact location and cause to be identified.
For a leak or burst in a gas pipe, we will either repair or replace the damaged fitting. For a faulty gas connection, the segment will simply be fixed or changed. If the damage is significant enough, then the entire gas network may need replacing.
If the gas leak is with the appliance, we usually would recommend replacing it with a new appliance. Once the job is completed we will retest the gas network so that you can be assured that the gas leak is fixed.
Gas Appliance Servicing
It is recommended that all gas appliances be checked annually to ensure they are running at their optimal best and as safely as possible. Overtime some gas appliances can accumulate a large build up of dust and foreign matter. When servicing appliances we ensure that the units are thoroughly cleaned and tested for your comfort and safety.
We have a wealth of experience servicing, replacing and upgrading hot water systems so that you can get back to normal living as soon as possible…
There is nothing worse than being caught without hot water, especially in the middle of a Canberra winter. At Genuine Connections Plumbing we have a wealth of experience servicing, replacing and upgrading hot water systems so that you can get back to normal living as soon as possible.
Our vans are stocked with a large range of spare parts and we have quick access to suppliers when needed. If it’s not possible or worthwhile to repair your system, we will discuss replacement options to help you choose the right unit for you. In most cases we can source and install your new hot water system on the same day.
Hot Water System Options
- Continuous Flow Hot Water System
- Electric Hot Water System
- Gas Storage Hot Water System
- Solar Hot Water System
- Heat Pump Hot Water System
Contact us at Genuine Connections Plumbing and we can discuss the system or repair work that’s right for you.
Continuous Flow Hot Water System
These compact systems are designed with an intense heating process to ensure you have hot water on demand, always. Once you’ve turn off your hot water the appliances heating system automatically turns off.
- Efficient use of energy as it heats the water when it is being used, rather than constantly keeping stored water at a set temperature.
- Hot water is available ‘on demand’ which makes it extremely reliable.
- Gas or electricity options are available.
- Compact size can be installed internally or externally.
- Temperature remote controllers available, so that you can reach your desired hot water setting without fussing around with hot and cold taps, reducing the risk of scalds and burns. Controllers can be hard wired, remote operated and some models now have Bluetooth connectivity.
- It usually takes a little (30 seconds to 1 minute) for the hot water to arrive at your fixture depending on where it is located in relation to the unit, meaning some water wastage. Where possible we will try and install the unit as close as possible to the fixture that receives the most usage.
- Higher upfront purchase and installation costs due to having to run large gas lines to operate the unit.
Electric Hot Water System
Water is heated in a tank with an electric powered heating element. This traditional system is less efficient than most other options, however provides for a reliable system. If you’re looking to save some money in the long run and help the environment there are off peak solutions you can look at too.
- Lower upfront cost than other systems.
- Higher long term operating costs, particularly as energy bills continue to increase.
- Installation of electric hot water systems are being phased out by some Australian state governments to be replaced with environmentally friendlier systems.
Gas Storage Hot Water System
Water is preheated to a set temperature with gas, and then stored in a tank ready for use at any time. Any used hot water is replenished with cold water and then heated again.
- Lower upfront costs than other hot water systems.
- Limited amount of water is available within the tank. Reheating of replaced water can take time and may result in periods of cold water depending on the amount of water being used and the size of the tank.
- Requires a large space for the storage cylinder compared to other systems i.e. continuous flow hot water system.
Solar Hot Water System
Roof mounted solar panels and tube systems transfer heat energy from the sun to heat water ready for when you need it. The storage tank can be either close coupled, located with the solar panels on the roof, or split system, with panels and tubes located on the roof and the storage tank at ground level. Gas or electric solar boosters are usually installed as part of the system to ensure ongoing hot water delivery when there is less daylight sun. The use of renewable energy saves you money in the long run.
- Very economical to run, saving you up to 80% off your annual energy bills compared to an electric hot water heater.
- Constant stream of hot water available 24/7 with the use of a gas or electric solar booster element.
- Environmentally friendly by reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Government rebates available.
- Increases your property value.
- Most expensive hot water systems to purchase upfront due to the product and installation costs.
Heat Pump Hot Water System
Heat is collected from air around the unit with a refrigerant liquid. This heat is then transferred to warm the water. There are particular models that operate extremely well in cooler climates like Canberra.
- Renewable energy alternative to solar powered hot water systems.
- Does not require solar panels on your roof which is useful if you do not have the roof space.
- Lower installation and purchase costs than solar.
- Constant stream of hot water available 24/7 with the installation of back up elements.
- Environmentally friendly by reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Government rebates available.
- Units can sometimes be noisy and need to be installed in a location away from windows and openings to minimise noise disruption.
There’s nothing better when things are flowing beautifully. We are trained to identify the best solution for you to get your drains back up and running as soon as possible utilising the latest advanced technologies…
There’s nothing better when things are flowing beautifully. Genuine Connections Plumbers are trained to identify the best solution for you to get your drains back up and running as soon as possible utilising the latest advanced technologies.
A blocked drain occurs when solid material somewhere along the drain stops the fluids from flowing. Blockages can occur anywhere in your home or premises, from your sink, to your toilet, and in your stormwater system.
Sewer drains are a wonderful invention, designed to remove those unwanted wastes and water from the toilet, sink, shower and other drains on your property, into the city’s sewerage system. Kitchen drains often clog from materials such as oil, grease, soap, hand wash, small food materials and other debris. Blocked bathroom drains can be caused by accumulated soap, body washes, toothpaste, hair and other bathroom wastes. Blocked washing machine and laundry drains can be caused by hair, small pieces of material, soap and other cleaning liquid deposits. Blocked toilet drains can occur due to excessive toilet paper usage, sanitary napkins or baby wipes and the flushing of solid objects to name a few.
Stormwater drains are designed to take away the water from your roof and surface areas surrounding your home or premises. Stormwater drains can block up due to a variety of reasons including dirt and silt build up from open sumps, dirty downpipes and gutters, as well as other common causes also found in sewerage drains outlined below:
- Cracked or broken pipe – this can be caused by environmental conditions such as ground movements, temperature changes, earth compacting around the pipe and/or poor workmanship. Eventually these cracks and breaks can allow debris and tree roots to move into the pipe causing a blockage.
- Pipe sagging – sometimes erosion of the earth around the pipe, such as where there is a lot of ground water will cause the pipe to sag or belly, this means materials cannot drain through properly leading to blockages.
- Collapsed pipe – this can occur when the drains are very old or if it was not properly installed in the first place. Sometime pipes can collapse completely, allowing external debris to move in and settle.
- Tree root blockages – older pipes or cracked pipes will attract tree roots as a source of water. Even the smallest of tree roots that have entered can eventually grow too large and block or break the pipework.
There are several different drain cleaning and repair options that our expert team at Genuine Connections Plumbing can provide you with, including:
- Hydrojet Drain Cleaning
- Electric Drain Cleaning
- CCTV Drain Camera
- Outdoor Drain Excavation
Hydrojet Drain Cleaning
Hydrojet’s are the latest technology for unblocking sewer and stormwater drains. Highly pressurised water, at approximately 5000 psi, is discharged through a flexible cable and nozzle, cutting through tree roots, greasy and sludgy build-up and other solid material. Outlined below is some further information on the pros and cons of this option.
- Blasts through clogs and stubborn blockages, and scours the drain clean.
- Suitable for blocked stormwater drains and sewer drains.
- Able to reach difficult areas of drains and extremely stubborn build-ups.
- Does not use blades or cutters that can get stuck or caught up in the debris.
- Removes greasy and sludgy build-ups that other equipment can’t.
- A lot quicker than other methods.
- Less likely than metal electric eel cables and heads to damage your pipework.
- Hydro-jets use water to clear blockages. As a result, when cleaning out a drain water and the matter down a drain can sometimes come back up spilling onto the ground. This can become a very smelly and messy exercise requiring the grounds to be washed down with disinfectant at the end of the job.
- Please note: We would never recommend using a jetter to clear a drain if there is any possibility of it backing up inside your home or premises.
- The jetter can sometimes get stuck down the drain. We can assess whether this is the right fit for your drain.
Electric Drain Cleaning
Also known as the electric eel, the electric drain cleaning machine uses a flexible cable or rod, with the versatility of attachable heads, to reach, cut and remove different types of drain blockages. This technology is suitable for most outside problems and some indoor issues such as a blocked toilet.
- Portable machine that is suitable for internal drain blockages, such as blocked toilets.
- Slices and removes tree roots, hair, and most other solid objects.
- Not as messy as the hydro-jet.
- May not be able to reach blockages that are too far into the drain or that are extremely stubborn.
- Cables can snap and get stuck down the drain. We can assess whether this is the right fit for your drain.
CCTV Drain Camera
Once a drain has been completely unblocked, we recommend the use of a Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) Drain Camera and locator, to inspect the condition of the drains and pinpoint exactly where the blockage has come from. A CCTV camera is made up of a camera on a very long cable which can be fed through drain pipes.
By inspecting drains with our camera we can provide you with solid facts on how to best manage the drain issue in the future.
Sometimes parts or all of a drain system will need digging up and replacement with new pipework. This is always a last resort for drain damage that is irreparable by other means. This is generally the case for a sagged or cracked drain or one that has completely collapsed or is full of tree roots. Drains that are old or incorrectly installed, or that have been overtaken by tree roots will continue to cause problems overtime and the replacement of these will most likely be your best option.
Contact Genuine Connections Plumbing today to book in one of our quality plumbers to help get your drainage system flowing again.